If you own any copyrights to this file and wish it to be removed, click here
The Opera Widget manager is a standalone application allowing you to
organize and run widgets independently of the browser. The manager
integrates with Opera’s distribution channel for widgets –
widgets.opera.com – and responds to files with a .wgt extension.
The Widget manager brings widgets to the S60 platform at the touch of
a button. The build does not include the Opera browser component – the
build has been made available so that developers can test and build
Opera Widgets even before our product hits the market.
Several new features have been added in this update. These include:
* Move widget: Sort your own widget list and put your widgets where you want them
* Send widget: Send your favorite widgets to friends using MMS, Bluetooth or IR (depending on what the phone supports)
* Support for Opera Dragonfly.
1. Either: Download the S60 Widget manager package using the browser on your phone.
2. Or: Locate the installation file in the util/manager folder in the SDK package.
3. Send the file to your device using Bluetooth. This will open a dialogue as seen in Figure 3.
4. Run the installation. The Widget manager will now be available in your application grid.
To run widgets on your device, do the following:
1. Create the widget and test it in the Widget Emulator.
2. Zip the contents of the widget directory and give it a ”.wgt” extension.
3. Send it to your device, using Bluetooth, IR or ActiveSync over USB.
4. Locate the package on the device and double click the file to view your widget in action.
You can also visit widgets.opera.com using your phone’s browser to download more widgets.
Most recent uploads: