Rowmote Pro: Remote Control for Mac and Classic Apple TV 3.2.2 iPhone and iPod Touch
Rowmote Pro is the ultimate wireless remote, trackpad, and keyboard. A gorgeous universal app for iPhone, iPod Touch
and iPad, with everything from a multitouch trackpad to full extended
keyboard support, and with no-configuration control of dozens of the
best Mac applications, it is a must-have for any home media center or
presentation! Please read the full description and requirements below
You love the remote control
which came with your Mac - so simple yet elegant, with easy control of
Front Row, iTunes, Quicktime, DVD Player, Keynote, and more.
Or, your Mac didn’t come with a remote control or doesn’t even have an infrared port. The Apple
Remote or a 3rd party infrared receiver would cost a significant
amount. Add ANOTHER hit to your wallet for a wireless control like a
keyboard, mouse, or the Apple Magic Trackpad!
You carry your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad wherever you go... so why
should you carry a second device just to control your computer?
Furthermore, why should you need line-of-sight to do so?
Enter Rowmote Pro! Rowmote Pro is like your Mac or Apple TV’s remote
control, but over the wireless network and even better! Trackpad and
keyboard give you complete control over your computer, and you can
control, launch, and quit apps, toggle the iTunes Visualizer, and more
without ever having to squint at your screen. Rowmote is Mac-like from
the ground up.
- Control your Mac or Classic Apple TV completely over a wireless network. No line of sight necessary.
- Works like the hardware Apple Remote Control in:
• Front Row
• Adobe Lightroom 2
• Airfoil Video
• Apple TV Classic (after software installation)
• DVD Player
• eyeTV 3.x
• Hulu Desktop
• Keynote ‘08 &‘09
• kJams Pro
• Microsoft Powerpoint ‘04 &‘08
• OpenOffice Impress
• The Tube
• xbmc (Xbox Media Center)
- Click-and-hold works just like on the physical remote in applications
PRO CONTROL: A single tap switches to the keyboard & trackpad mode.
- Portrait & landscape mode
- True multitouch: Scroll with two fingers, right click, drag, pinch to zoom, and swipe with 3 or 4 fingers
- Tap anywhere or use the virtual button
- Type on your computer, including extended characters, modifier keys, and function keys
- iPad only: Function keys keyboard includes a numeric pad
- Multiple monitor support
- SWITCH: Access your Mac’s Dock, launching & switch between all
controllable applications on the Mac, toggle the iTunes visualizer, and
- Sleep & wake as needed (wireless waking requires Mac OS X 10.6).
- iPad exclusive: Innovative Gesture Pad for no-look control over all
the above applications; the Gesture Pad doubles as a trackpad, too.
- Secure authentication
- Connect via Bluetooth if your carrier supports Internet Tethering (iPhone / iPod Touch)
• Mac OS X 10.4.0 or later, or a Classic (White) Apple TV
• Mac: The free Rowmote Helper program, which may be downloaded at www.rowmote.com
, must be running on the Mac to be controlled.
• Apple TV: Apple TV installation requires a USB keychain drive and following the multistep instructions found at www.rowmote.com
. Please review these instructions, which include installing free third party software on your Apple TV, before purchasing!
• The portable device must be on the same wireless network (a
computer-to-computer network works, too). If a firewall is enabled,
Rowmote Helper must be allowed access (port 5842).
Rowmote Pro is the only app you need to control your computer. Couple it
with Apple’s free Remote app to turn your iPhone or iPod Touch into the
ultimate controller for home stereo, mobile presentation, or casual
Artwork of Rowmote Pro is by Rik Schennink.
What's new in Version 3.2.2
• Redesigned the Dock to be faster and easier to use. Scroll as needed, then just tap an icon to launch or switch applications.
• Improvements for compatibility with future versions of iOS
[Rowmote Pro - Universal]
• Improved distinction between ‘zoom’ and ‘scroll’ to prevent accidental
zooming. The pinch gesture now requires slightly more distance before
beginning to cause a zoom.
[Rowmote Pro - iPad]
• New function keyboard with F1-F12 keys, arrow keys, a full numeric pad, and more