If you own any copyrights to this file and wish it to be removed, click here
Plex for Android v0.9.6.3
Requirements: Android 1.6+
Overview: Plex for Android allows you to browse and play your
video, photos, and music right on your Android device, streamed from
Plex Media Server on your Mac (and soon on your PC). Media is available
from CNET, Revision3 and a many other popular online sources. With Plex
Media Server for Mac you can stream additional content from Aperture,
iPhoto, and iTunes.
We strongly recommend that you have your Plex Media Server all ready to
go BEFORE you buy Plex for Android. Note that Netflix and Hulu are not
supported on Plex for Android at this time.
If you're new to Plex please read the "Welcome to Plex" section below.
Here's what you need to use Plex for Android:
• Plex Media Server, which is available for free at http://www.plexapp.com
• Any device running at least Android 1.6 and up to but not including Android 3.0 (Honeycomb is not yet supported).
• To access your media remotely you must configure port forwarding on your router – for instructions visit: Plex Android - Plex
• Plex for Android is not yet optimized for large screens (e.g. tablet devices).
• Remote Control functionality is coming soon.
• With the wide array of android devices available we do expect to find some issues. Please check on our forums (Plex Forums) for any problems you have.
• DRM-protected content (older iTunes Store audio or any iTunes Store video) is not supported.
• Playback of VIDEO_TS/.ISO video is not supported.
What's in this version:
Improved video startup progress indicators and failure messages.
Fix to allow playback of media items with special
characters. To name a few: ,()'%
Ability to cancel video playback during 'buffering'.
Improved cues for selecting player for Remote Control.
Snappier navigation performance.
Stability fixes for most common user reported errors related to crashes and media player initialization.
Most recent uploads: