• Page 1 of 1
Forum »   Symbian zone » CFW downloads » Symbian Anna for Nokia N8 with Greek Language and Keyboard
Symbian Anna for Nokia N8 with Greek Language and Keyboard
  redpepper007 Date: Friday, 13.01.12, 17:54 | Message # 1
"Chuck Testa!"

Forum posts: 1277
Awards: 67

================================================== =======================

Great news!!!

NOKIA finally decided to release the OFFICIAL GREEK UPDATE (today, 08/09/2011), so actually, no need to follow ANY instruction herebelow.

Simply use Navifirm to download the Greek Anna firmware, and enjoy!

================================================== =======================

Hi to all!!!

Thanx to the great posts from:

1) ivo777 (thanx for the firmware)

2) shouk_1987 (very helpful "Language-Keyboard" cooking guide)

I have cooked a rofs2 rom which fully supports Greek (language + keyboard), but also supports the following writing languages:

a) Deutsch

b) Slovencina

c) Hrvatski

d) Srpski

e) and ofcourse English

Once again, I wish to thank ivo777 and shouk_1987 for their great work.

I have been using this rofs2 rom for about one day, without noticing any "missing" spots.

Use this ROFS2 together with the firmware located here.

Get the cooked ROFS2 here.

Use Phoenix (I used 2010) for flashing. And remember, you do it taking your own risk!

Screenshot here.

Added:

-If you wish to make your own attempts in cooking a specific language Rom yourselves, simply download via Navifirm+ the ROFS2 Rom file from your region's X7 firmware, and cook in accordance with the instructions from shouk_1987 using this ROFS2 instead of the PR1.1 N8 one...

-Thanx to triXeo for pointing out some menu glitches (no native language translations). Some of the menu's are not displayed in your native language because X7 does not support these functions, and thus corresponding menu words are not translated.

-It is highly recommended to read through ivo777 thread for known bugs before attempting to flash this rom.

-After triXeo suggestion, I deleted the Chinese language and set Greek as default phone language. Thanx triXeo

-After flashing, go to Ovi Suite and check for updates (2 available)

-Fixed English phone language. Phone languages+keyboards+xT9: English, Greek

Forum »   Symbian zone » CFW downloads » Symbian Anna for Nokia N8 with Greek Language and Keyboard
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
MobilesUnleashed 2024
Hosted by uCoz - redpepper007

English Deutsch / German