• Page 1 of 1
Forum »   Symbian zone » Other problems support thread » Firmware update (How to)
Firmware update
  tonno Date: Sunday, 18.09.11, 23:42 | Message # 1

Forum posts: 7
Awards: 0

Like it said how can i update my phone "hacked" can i use PC-suite or something like that ?

Mobile model Nokia n81 8gb

V 21.0.010

Is there any newer update and how can i update ??

redpepper007 Date: Monday, 19.09.11, 16:46 | Message # 2
"Chuck Testa!"

Forum posts: 1277
Awards: 67

uhm, you want to hack your phone or just update the latest firmware?

tonno Date: Monday, 19.09.11, 22:16 | Message # 3

I have hacked my mobile just tought how can i update it ? couse i have my on coutrys language pack but i cant get it work before i can update my phone ? or is there some way to do it other way ? (dont have my own language)

And there is other problem I tried to do this "New Transtions For S60v3" but i cant figure out where is file "EFSrv.dll" where
can i find it is it in my phone or ???

Sorry about nwebie questions

redpepper007 Date: Monday, 19.09.11, 23:11 | Message # 4
"Chuck Testa!"

tonno, so you want to install your own language in phone? I have no idea how to do that, sorry

second problem: please give a link to the tutorial

Koskelo Date: Wednesday, 21.09.11, 14:55 | Message # 5

Forum posts: 1

I find out that this "New Transtions For S60v3" but i cant figure out where is file "EFSrv.dll" isnt working on nokia n81
And this language pack issue i manage to change it once with NSS but i put wrong language pack and i still dont have
my own language (what i have read it done with NSS just change the language pack code and update phone and
thats it but like i said i manage put the wrong language pack :D now i have the right one in my phone just waiting to update
newer firmware to change it

But is there gonna be any newer update on nokia N81 8 Gb :P

and have to ask this : http://mobilesunleashed.net/news/2008-12-29-38 is this working on N81 ???

Been aple to change the startup sound but not this maybe not possible ???

tonno Date: Wednesday, 21.09.11, 15:00 | Message # 6

we have work this on together both have same phone model :) but there is our Big problems :P

redpepper007 Date: Wednesday, 21.09.11, 18:58 | Message # 7
"Chuck Testa!"

Koskelo, im glad that you managed to fix your language issue but I'm unable to tell you when or if Nokia is gonna make a new firmware for N81 (i'd say never as it is kinda old model...). What you could do is 1) perform a hard reset, that should reset everyhting, including your installed language 2) just re-flash your phone with current firmware. If you have any questions about flashing, please contact user blade (he is our flashing expert)

tonno Date: Wednesday, 21.09.11, 20:29 | Message # 8

Okay we have to ask him about this but can you say is this work on N81 ?

http://mobilesunleashed.net/news/2008-12-29-38

Been aple to change the startup sound but is startup animation change possible ?

redpepper007 Date: Wednesday, 21.09.11, 22:43 | Message # 9
"Chuck Testa!"

tonno, oh, sorry, I forgot to reply... :D

I have no idea if it works, because when I tested on my old 6120c it didnt. But other people report its working just fine, so I believe it depends. If you are lucky then you will be able to change it :D

Forum »   Symbian zone » Other problems support thread » Firmware update (How to)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
MobilesUnleashed 2024
Hosted by uCoz - redpepper007

English Deutsch / German