Date: Friday, 07.10.11, 17:14 | Message # 1|
Forum posts: 10
USB Drivers Installed
For those who want to use CMD:
1) Make sure your phone is Plugged in and Debugging is enabled.
2) Open up CMD.
3) Cd to your Android SDK directory. e.g. c:/users/dylan/ cd android sdk
4) Cd to platform-tools, then type adb devices. A list of devices should pop up, including your phone's serial number.
5) Type "adb logcat > logcat.txt"(without quotation marks). *Nothing should appear, but your cursor will just blink. That means it is running.
will save to your /Android SDK/platform-tools/ folder
If you want it to output in CMD though, type "adb logcat"(without quotation marks) instead.
For those who want to use DDMS:
1) Follow steps 1, 2, and 3 above.
2) Cd to /tools of your /Android SDK Directory.
3) Type "ddms" without quotation marks.
4) A dialog should pop up after a while. In the list, there should be your phone.
5) Making sure your phone is selected, Go to Device > Run Logcat. It will output the logput in another window. If you are done, hit Cancel, then Save.