Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (its must to open Navifirm)
Get it here:
Navifirm (to grab original firmware from Nokia server)
J.A.F. (to flash)
PKey Emmulator(to open J.A.F. without box)
Get all above tools from here:
Here are all steps:
1. Click *#0000# & check your RM
eg.My cell is 5530 XM & its RM-504
Then open navifirm & grab firmware according to your RM & location eg.India White & blue.
2. Download above tools & do as mention in its readme files.
3. Place firmware that you grabbed to
(RM-XXX means your RM. If your RM is RM-356, Then make the folder as 'RM-356')
4. Download the CFW
5. A CFW usually contain 3 or 2 files (Rofs2 + Rofs3 + UDA)
6. If the filenames do not match then rename the names of the CFW files to your original f/w files
7. Backup your original firmware files
8. Then replace your original files with the CFW files in "C:\Program Files\Nokia\phoenix\products\RM-XXX\"
9. Run PKEY Emulator & click GO.
[Imp note: for windows 7 & Vista users, run it in compatibility mode of win xp sp2.]
10.Click OK on the dialog that appears, then When J.A.F will start
11. Go to 'bb5'tab
12. Click options as shown in picture & make it look exactly like the picture below
(Tick - Manual Flash, Dead USB, Normal mode) (Untick - 'CRT 308')
13.Wait for some 10 seconds after clicking option "ini", new window appears.
14. Select your phone and appropriate RM from the list
15. Turn OFF your phone and connect it to the computer via USB
16. Click on flash
17. Then Click YES when a dialog appears like on the picture below
18. When following option occurs press "Power Button" for 1 second and release.
[IMP: Sometimes it happens that your phone not found on 1st try, so just try it again n again, as it installs flashing drivers to your pc
As for me, my phone found on 4th try...
If you still face same problem just install Nokia PC Suite, restart your PC & try it again]
19. Flashing takes 1 minute and then JAF will say Done after pooling the phone.
The phone will restart.
20. Disconnect when its done, remove battery, reinsert it again & switch on your phone.
MOST IMPORATANT NOTE TO ALL SPECIALLY FOR NEWBIES:
DONT EVER TRY TO DOWNGRADE YOUR FIRMWARE AS IT KILLS UR CELL....
EITHER USE SAME VERSION OR UPGRADED FIRMWARE...
EXP: IF YOUR CELL IS 5800, YOUR CURRENT CFW IS V50...
SO EITHER YOU GO FOR V51 OR REFLASH IT WITH V50....
BUT DONT EVER GO FOR BELOW VERSION ie.V40, V30 etc....
DOWNLOAD THIS FILE AND PUT IT IN C:\Program Files\ODEON\JAF and overwrite the other one